Clinical Genomic Technologist II
The Clinical Genomics Technologist II will be responsible for accessioning and processing COVID19 clinical samples in the Clinical Genomics Laboratory. These activities will be performed under CLIA/CAP regulations and will directly impact human health and thus must meet the highest possible standards for quality and integrity in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all applicable state and federal regulations. This position will be 40hrs. / week.
The outcome of this role directly impacts human health and thus must meet the highest possible standards for quality and integrity.
• This role is responsible for the efficient and quality execution of sample accessioning, processing, and data generation for COVID19 testing in the clinical genomics laboratory.
• This includes working with the supervisor and manager to maintain all documentation required for operation under CLIA/CAP certification, including review and writing of SOPs as necessary.
??• Use of sample tracking systems in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Timely completion of training assigned by management or CLD to meet the needs of laboratory operations.
• Ensure sample accessioning is performed in an accurate manner to enable effective testing of samples downstream as ordered.
• Sample processing including nucleic acid purification and other clinical processes.
• Accurate and timely maintenance of operational metrics.
• Maintains and updates associated process documentation, participates in continuous process improvements, and ongoing training.
• Performs quality control of samples processed and data generated prior to sending to the next steps.