Sr. Software Developer
An industry leader in Web Tension Control is seeking a Sr. Software Developer to join their team! The successful candidate will be able to develop and maintain programs and applications for a variety of PC and industrial needs. Convert scientific and engineering data and other technical into workable models, plans and diagrams. As well as create design documents, specifications and perform program coding and testing. Candidates will have a strong ability to resolve technical issues through debugging, testing evaluation, research, and other investigative procedures.
• Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies. Provides support for investigating and debugging production issues.
• Plays a key role in new product development, writing code, performing self-check, and using tools such as linters to prove out code, and verifying specifications are met.
• Collaborate with development team members to achieve project results. Analyzes technical requirements and provides feedback on development projects.
• Recommends new development strategies and procedure improvements to the development team.
• Performs unit testing to ensure programs meet stated business objectives prior to supplying to Quality Assurance Team. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving project deadlines.
• Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Helps drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
• Takes on complex software development tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
• Able to create documents, write technical specifications and write manuals and other technical material.
• Ability to manage complex projects
• Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
• Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year College or University, plus four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Quality List
• Comfortable with Github / Atlassian, or similar repository
• 5-8 years proficiency with .Net framework
• Preferred: 3-5 years proficiency in Visual Basic programming language
• Preferred: knowledge and capability with SQL
• knowledge of application testing with different Tools.
• knowledge and understanding of physical hardware layer, especially FPGA’s, arm processors and other current generation microprocessors.
• Strong verbal and written skills, including technical writing, and specification writing
• Preferred: Familiar with PLCs and webserver implementation
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent 4-year degree
• Must be able to travel occasionally, up to 10%
Education: Bachelors Degree