PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages projects/programs. Manages entire project lifecycle from sizing and scoping project to implementation, closure and handoff to support, and ensuring ongoing project/program success and customer satisfaction. Help the business modify the project/program when necessary. May be responsible for the strategic implementation of the project/program working with senior business leaders to ensure the vision supports business needs.
• Manages internal new and on-going programs. Manages and administers programs including identifying and planning workflow process improvements; preparing cost and other analysis; ensuring adequate resource allocation; and budget management.
• Builds project plans, including necessary deliverables and schedules. Ensures project plans meet strategic objectives of the business. Ensures project plan compliance and that documentation meets regulatory requirements.
• Facilitates project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
• Coordinates with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
• Manages project/program stakeholders, including core team, steering committees, vendors and others as applicable. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Leads meetings and participant communications to drive decisions and action items. Provides for effective escalation and resolution of issues and concerns.
• Manages project/program budgets, ensuring expenses stay within guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
• Provides regular reports and status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Document process standards as required.
• May directly manage staff, assign work, monitor activities, evaluate performance and manage escalated/critical issues. Administer employment actions, provide coaching and guidance to staff and promote staff training and development. Support the development of department budget, policies and procedures.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong project/program management skills with knowledge in use of portfolio and project management tools.
• Ability to lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
• Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
• General business understanding, including planning activities.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
• Demonstrated ability to lead without authority.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all Employee levels.
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
• Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.
• Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
• General office environment
• Normal office noise level
Education: Bachelors Degree