Assembles and tests any electronic parts, systems, and apparatus as assigned by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assembles, installs and performs diagnostic work on electronics products for on time shipments.
• Continually gains technical product knowledge and application engineering know-how on all Client products.
• Makes recommendations regarding inventory levels of completed units and spare parts.
These recommendations should be discussed with the Electronics Production Supervisor.
• Maintains stock levels up to required amounts set by Electronics Production Supervisor.
• Repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
• Maintains extremely neat, orderly and well-organized inventory storage of all electronic components and assemblies.
• Responsible for work on micro-processors as may be required by supervisor.
• All other related assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
No allergies to petroleum products
• Has to be able to solder micro components
• Accurately reads wiring diagrams.
• Follows written and verbal instructions correctly.
• Accurately assembles, installs and performs diagnostics to Client procedure.
• Correctly repairs defective units.
• Exhibits in job performance ability to effectively use new product knowledge.
• Correctly adjusts and modifies circuits and components.
• In conjunction with testing procedures certifies that equipment functions in accordance with standards set.
Education: High School