A successful candidate will be able to develop and maintains electrical control systems and/or components. They will be able to convert scientific and engineering data, and other technical information into workable models. They’ll be able to create design documents, specifications and be able to perform program coding and testing. Candidates will have a strong ability to resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and other investigative procedures.
• Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies. Provides support for investigating and debugging production issues.
• Plays a key role in new product development, writing code, performing testing, and verifying specifications are met.
• Collaborate with development team members to achieve project results. Analyzes technical requirements and provides feedback on development projects.
• Recommends new development strategies and procedure improvements to the development team.
• Performs unit testing to ensure programs meet stated business objectives prior to supplying to Quality Assurance Team. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving project deadlines.
• Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Helps drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
• Takes on complex software development tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
• Able to create basic wiring diagrams and schematics for documentation purposes.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College University plus four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Quality List
• 5-8 years proficiency in C and/or C++ programming language
• 5-8 years proficiency with Python
• Preferred: proficiency in Visual Basic programming language
• Knowledge in analog and digital electronics, including FPGA’s
• Preferred: knowledge of ST Microprocessors and ARM processors
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Familiar with PCB layout and design process (board layout is nice, but not required)
Must be able to travel occasionally; up to 10%.
Education: Bachelors Degree