Performs maintenance and repairs of equipment, mechanical systems and plant facility at the direction of the Vice President of Manufacturing by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
• Performs maintenance and repairs on plant, laboratory and building equipment.
• Assists with the maintenance of facility grounds (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, sprinkler system, asphalt).
• Active involvement with company safety committee.
• Complies with OSHA regulations.
• Perform minor welding repairs.
• Not permitted to work on any electrical work.
• All duties assigned by VP of Manufacturing
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
1. Must have strong mechanical and industrial background.
2. Strong knowledge of facilities and building maintenance required.
3. Air conditioning and refrigeration systems knowledge
4. Knowledge of air compressors and evaporators
5. Experienced welder
6. Clerical knowledge; parts ordering
7. Administrating preventive maintenance program
8. Strong computer based knowledge to include ERP systems
9. Basic knowledge in forklift repair
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand/Walk for 8-10 hours on an average day
Must be able to move or lift up to 50lbs
Specific vision required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability and adjust focus
Requires use of both hands
Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Must not be afraid of heights
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occassionally slippery work floor
High likelihood for traumatic injury
Noise level is moderate to high
Light dust in production area
Education: High School