Excellent opportunity to join the Genome Technologies team at our Farmington, CT client. Working under minimal supervision, you'll be responsible for testing, developing, streamlining, improving, and implementing protocols (new or existing) using cutting-edge nucleic acid and library preparation, next generation sequencing (NGS) and associated technologies. Work directly with the research and clinical labs to provide services and training. Responsibilities include testing new protocols, preparing biological samples, constructing genomic libraries and operating NGS technologies. Good knowledge in molecular biology and strong hands-on skills are critical in protocol development and implementation. Experience in automation and protocol/process scale-up highly desired, as is direct experience with operating Illumina sequencers (HiSeq, NextSeq, MiSeq) and/or PacBio Sequencers. Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills are required. In addition, you'll be responsible for mentoring and training other members of the lab.
• Isolate DNA and RNA, QC samples, construct and QC NGS libraries start and QC sequence runs. Troubleshoot to solve problems as they arise. Implement process improvement to improve efficiency and minimize errors.
• Test, develop, and implement new technologies and protocols, including automation where necessary. Document new protocols and write SOPs. Develop cost structure for new service deliverables .
• Train laboratory staff members in new and existing SOPs.
• Maintain project and sample information, protocols, and experimental details through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS ).
• Master’s degree with at least three years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory, Ph.D. preferred.
• Hands-on skills on molecular biology is essential.
• Knowledge of NGS-based genomic research and related technologies.
• 2+years successful experience in developing and delivering training materials. (Following and creating SOPs.)
• Working experience in genomics focused laboratory and experience in data management, including laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is desired.
Education: Masters Degree, Doctoral Degree