Clinical Accessioning Supervisor
The Supervisor of Clinical Accessioning is responsible for oversight and day-to-day supervision of CLIA sample accessioning. A primary responsibility is to ensure that the technical quality and throughput of the laboratory sample accessioning are consistent and of a high standard, meeting all regulatory (CLIA/CAP) requirements. The position also requires administrative duties such as laboratory reports to CLD, management of quality metrics, and personnel management.
The outcome of this role directly impacts human health and thus must meet the highest possible standards for quality and integrity.
• Oversees daily operations of the accession technologists including but not limited to sample receiving, sample unboxing, sample accession, and sample storage.
• Ensure sample information is correctly entered in the LIMS system.
?• Ensure sample accessioning is performed in an accurate manner to enable effective testing of samples.
• Development of process control and QA/QC measures.
• Ensure personnel follows prescribed SOP's and practices to ensure compliance with CLIA/CAP certification.
• Provide weekly laboratory update reports to CLD to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation to streamline the laboratory processes.
• Successfully sustain CLIA/CAP certification, including competency and proficiency assessments, training, and safety.
• Assists in training of accession technologists.
• Directly oversees efficiency, documentation, SOP’s, and general laboratory activity.
• Develop and manage a daily schedule to ensure optimal efficiency.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced clinical laboratory with high sample throughput and maintain quality and TAT.