Day in the Life
You will provide IT assistance functions to users and departments. Posses and apply knowledge of IT principles, practices and procedures to the completion of assignments. You are able to answer incoming phone calls and resolve a predetermined list of issues.
• Troubleshoots incoming issues, repairs, maintains computer systems hardware, operating environments, application software support.
• Resolve a particular subset of issues based on documented procedures for this role and escalates all other requests and incidents accordingly.
• When available, immediate handoff to an IT Technician should be completed.
• Reviews system operations and provides technical direction and recommendations to improve utilization.
• Provides technician dispatch capabilities to Service Desk.
• Assists in the development and writing of internal SOPs and end-user documentation. Documents problem solutions in call tracking system and ensures the publication of solutions to common problems.