Director of Engineering
We have a client looking for a Director of Engineering within a small, startup-like environment - they've been in business since 1998!
The successful candidate will have a technology background and will be focused on the career growth of reporting team members. Looking for a strong leader with a passion for mentoring and someone interested in working in a people-first environment.
Technical challenges will be found in a C++ and Java cloud-based environment with a focus on reducing technical debt and moving towards true continuous development.
The Fun Part:
• Focus on people! With 1:1's, performance management, and career development, your motto should be "focused on people"
• Help to grow the business by adding key players across the development teams
• Hold yourself and the team accountable for meeting goals and completing technical projects
• Work closely across departments to ensure you're building out industry-leading products
• Foster a fun environment where people are motivated to do their best and are excited to do their best
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years related experience in a hands-on technical or leadership-based role
• Capable and able to motivate others and work with teams to produce high-quality results
• Experience growing and mentoring other technologist
• Strong, demonstrable, problem-solving skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related
• Hands-on programming experience with C++ or Java